I think a cookie jar packed with homemade cookies should be essential in any kitchen. Cookies always taste so good and are far better than some of the gluten free biscuit alternatives I’ve found in the supermarkets. Not only that, but you can add so many different flavours to a cookie, from Easter themed mini eggs to more traditional chocolate chips, there are so many opportunities! What shall I try next?!
The recipe below makes around 12-15 cookies depending on the size. If you want to save some for later, freeze the cookie dough in balls and pop them in the oven for a sweet treat or dessert.
Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 100 g Light brown sugar or light muscovado sugar
- 100 g Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Golden syrup
- 110 g Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 295 g Gluten free plain flour
- 75 g White chocolate chips
- 75 g Milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 3 or 170 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, sugar and golden syrup.
- Add the egg, plain flour and baking powder and mix well until it forms a dough.
- Mix the assorted chocolate chips into the cookie dough ensuring they are spread throughout.
- Form small balls of cookie dough (slightly smaller than golf balls), flatten and place on a lined baking tray. Leave space between each cookie as these will spread out in the oven.
- Make sure a few chocolate chips are exposed on the surface so that they show through after baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Leave to cool on the baking tray and enjoy.
If you love these cookies, then you should definitely try my ultra chocolatey Triple Chocolate Cookies or my Easter themed Mini Egg Cookies, now that they’re already in the shops! Or if you are looking for a vegan alternative, why not try this Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe instead.
Let me know if you give these cookies a try!
Happy cookie baking,