My new favourite gluten free, dairy free and vegan snack is here… A delicious combination of raspberry, dark chocolate and oats. The perfect pick-me-up this winter. The idea sprung to mind as I tucked into a sumptuous bowl of raspberry and dark chocolate porridge (pictured below). It’s such a comforting trio of flavours…
I can guarantee the recipe below is foolproof as the first batch were eaten in a single day, and the second batch have now gone too (as I write this post…) And I will definitely be making them again! They are really easy to make, and I found that I was able to use lots of ingredients which were already in my baking cupboard.
Raspberry & Dark Chocolate Oat Bars
- 125 g Porridge oats (gluten free)
- 125 g Butter (dairy free stork baking block)
- 125 g Gluten free plain flour
- 2 tbsp Golden caster sugar (or light brown sugar)
- 3 tbsp Golden syrup
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- 75 g Seedless raspberry jam
- 25 g Dark chocolate (dairy free)
- 75 g Frozen raspberries
- Line a square baking tin with baking paper and preheat the oven to Gas mark 4 or 180 degrees.
- Mix together porridge oats, butter, flour, baking soda, sugar and golden syrup in a large bowl until it forms an oat-based dough.
- Place two-thirds of the mixture in the baking tin and flatten. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spread with a generous layer of jam.
- Crumble the remaining third of the oat-based dough on top of the jam, and dot with frozen raspberries and roughly chopped dark chocolate.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then cool. Sprinkle with any leftover chocolate then place in the fridge for a couple of hours before slicing into bars.
Make sure you keep your oat bars in the fridge to prevent them from softening (that’s if you have any left of course!)
If you’re interested in vegan bakes, you may also wish to try some of my other recipes including gluten free jammy dodgers or gluten free party rings.
As always let me know if you recreate this recipe, I’d love to see how your oat bars turn out.
Leave a Reply