And so here it is, my second recipe for Easter Sunday of 2020, a memorable Easter for unfortunate circumstances. Staying at home definitely isn’t so bad when the weather is this glorious! Here’s my Easter marshmallow crispy cake inspired by my love of ‘squares’ bars from when I was much younger. I love the sweet marshmallow goo, combined with the crunch of the rice crispies! So as it’s Easter I thought I’d top it with a lot of chocolate and a lot of Cadbury’s mini eggs.
I think this has to be one of the easiest recipes on my blog (excluding my granola) so be sure to give it a try. If you’ve been given lots of eggs for easter, why not turn them into a winning crispy cake!
Mini Egg Marshmallow Crispy Cakes
- 40 g Butter
- 250 g Marshmallows
- 175 g Rice Crispies (I used a free from 'rice pops' version)
- 160 g Cadbury's Mini Eggs
- 50 g Milk chocolate
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and the marshmallows on a low heat.
- Once a fluffy paste forms, take off the heat and stir in the rice crispies.
- Place the mixture into a greased tin (I used a medium-sized roasting tin!). I used baking paper but I'd advise against it as they got stuck to it… Flatten the mixture.
- Melt the milk chocolate (I used a microwave) then drizzle this over the crispy cake.
- Crush mini eggs and scatter these across the top.
- Leave to set in the fridge, then cut into 15-18 squares.
I hope you’ve all had a lovely Easter Sunday, and have managed to catch up with friends and family. We had a family zoom call which was fun, I’m so thankful for the internet during these tricky times!