A couple of weeks ago I made a delicious bar from the new ‘Delishios’ by Schar. I modelled it on a Malteser bar I used to make before going gluten free as part of the low FODMAP diet. It’s an incredibly naughty but nice bar filled with chocolate, digestive biscuits, more chocolate and of course, the Delishios!
I found the Delishios in Asda (currently £1 for a 37g bag). I find them quite expensive for the size of the product, but unfortunately gluten free products do tend to come at a premium!
This bar is so simple to make, there’s no baking involved, you just a need a saucepan, wooden spoon (and something to bash your digestives with!) The recipe below made 12 bars, perfect for sharing, lunch snacks or indulging on with a good movie! It’s worth noting that these bars are only suitable for the reintroduction phase of the low FODMAP diet as they contain milk.
- 100 g Milk chocolate
- 85 g Butter
- 200 g Gluten free digestives
- 120 g Schar Delishios (approximately 3 packets)
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- Crush the digestive biscuits using a rolling pin in a sealed packet or bag.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over warm water (or melt in a microwave).
- Add the crushed digestive biscuits, golden syrup and 2 ½ packets of the delishios to the melted chocolate and stir well.
- Place the mixture into a square 20 cm x 20 cm baking pan. Top with the remaining delishios then place in the fridge to chill for a couple of hours.
- Once chilled, slice into squares and serve.
As always, let me know if you give this recipe a try! I hope you enjoy these bars as much as I do.